Open Positions Window
In the Open Positions window you can see all positions currently open in your accounts. This window will display all information regarding your open positions, including P/L, commissions and swaps. Here you can also close/hedge current positions and set stop/limits.
Username - For trading accounts: login of the customer (account owner), For managed accounts: login of the Money Manager (who manages this account).
Ticket – An individual number assigned to each trade, the ticket number is unique and will be required when you need support for a specific trade.
Order Type – Type of order (Market, Close, Entry Stop and Entry Limit).
Instrument – Symbol of financial instrument.
Amount – Number of lots for the order.
Sell/Buy – Direction of trade.
Open Price – Opening rate for this position.
Current Rate – Current rate of the financial instrument (The price at which you can close the position right now, please note that this price may vary slightly depending on market volatility).
Margin – The amount of money that is currently used to keep position open.
Calculation: Margin = Amount * Lots * Open Price * Cross Pair / Leverage;
Stop/Limit – Stop and Limit prices set by the trader on the position.
Trailing Stop – The distance (in pips) on which the trailing stop is set.
P/L Pips – Gross profit or loss on a position in pips at the current moment.
Calculation: P/L Pips =
- Sell: = (Open Price – Current Rate) * 10^k * Amount;
- Buy: = (Current Rate - Open Price) * 10^k * Amount;
P/L – Gross profit or loss on a position in base currency at the current moment.
Calculation: P/L =
- AAA/USD: P/L Pips / 10^k;
- USD/AAA: P/L Pips / (10^k * (Ask(USD/AAA) + Bid(USD/AAA)) / 2);
- AAA/BBB -> USD/BBB: P/L Pips / (10^k * (Ask(USD/BBB) + Bid(USD/BBB)) / 2);
- AAA/BBB -> BBB/USD: P/L Pips / (10^k) * (Ask(BBB/USD) + Bid(BBB/USD)) / 2;
Commission – Total commission charged from trading (directly proportional to the position
price and amount).
Calculation: There are four variants of formula:
- Constant Per Lot: Commission = CommissionValue * Lots;
- Percent Per Lot: Commission = CommissionValue * Lots * Open Price * Cross Pair;
- Constant Per Deal: Commission = CommissionValue;
- Percent Per Deal: Commission = CommissionValue * Open Price * Cross Pair;
Transaction Fee – Total amount of transaction fees charged for each transaction
(does not depend on position price or amount).
Calculation: There are four variants of formula. They are the same as in calculation of the commissions.
Swap – Total amount of interest swap charged per transaction.
Calculation: There are three variants of formula:
- By Points: Swap = Swap Value * Lots * Contract Size * Pip;
- By Money: Swap = Swap Value * Lots * Contract Size * Open Price * Cross Pair;
- By Interest: Swap = Swap Value * Lots * Contract Size * Open Price * Cross Pair / 36000;
Net P/L – Net P/L on the position in base currency at the current moment. Includes
all charged commissions, transaction fees and swaps from current position.
Calculation: Net P/L = P/L + Commission + Transaction Fee + Swap;
Open time – Time when the position was opened.
To set Stop/Limit and Trailing Stop Orders for a position you can click the button, left-click on the table cell in Stop, Limit or Trailing Stop columns of wanted order, or select “Set Stop and Limit Orders” from the popup menu in an Open Positions window.
To Hedge a Position, you can click the button to “Hedge” or select “Hedge Position”, “Hedge Instrument” or “Hedge all Positions” from the popup menu in the Open Positions window.
To close a position you can click the button, left-click on the table cell in Current Rate column of wanted order, or select “Close Position” from the popup menu in the Open Positions window.